Finally, some good news during the ongoing pandemic! Cuba will open for international tourism the 15th of November!
Meaning you can finally visit Cuba again, stroll the beautiful streets of Havana, visit the amazing nature, dance in the streets of Trinidad or swim in the warm waters at one of the beaches that Cuba is rich!
The Ministry of Tourism has released a statement that from the 15th of November a lot of the COVID-19 restrictions will be lifted.
- Fully vaccinated people are exempt from quarantine or PCR test requirements.
- International vaccination certificates will be accepted.
- Interprovincial travelling is allowed again.
- Hotels, restaurants, shops will open again.
- Transport will start again (Viazul, Interhotel transport).
- Excursions will take place again.
- Rental cars can be taken across the island again.
Upon arrival, there will still be some measures to prevent COVID-19 from getting in the country, such as temperature checks, but also taking PCR tests from people that arrive with symptoms. And medical staff at the airport will randomly test people using quick tests.
People that are not fully vaccinated, need to have a negative PCR test, not older than 72 hours upon arrival in Cuba.
The opening of Cuba is all possible due to the vaccination strategy that Cuba has. They are planning to have 98% of the people vaccinated by November, which makes taking next step possible.
We already dream of all the new travel plans that we can make for you! Let us help plan your next trip to Cuba!
Get in contact now and we hope to welcome you soon!